Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Blackberry Limited (BBRY): BBRY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is up 3.7% today.
- Ambarella Inc (AMBA): AMBA stock is up 3.2% today.
- Electronic Arts Inc (EA): EA stock is up 2.9% today.
- Zynga Inc (ZNGA): ZNGA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS): SWKS stock is up 3.8% today.
- Yahoo! Inc (YHOO): YHOO stock is up 2.2% today.
- Methode Electronics (MEI): MEI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Iac/Interactivecorp (IACI): IACI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Stmicroelectronics N.V. (STM): STM stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Advantest Corporation Ads (ATE): ATE stock is down 4.3% today.
- Semtech Corp (SMTC): SMTC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Diodes Inc (DIOD): DIOD stock is down 2.1% today.
- Wesco International (WCC): WCC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is down 2.0% today.
- 3D Systems Corp (DDD): DDD stock is down 1.8% today.
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Sandisk Corp (SNDK): SNDK stock is down 2.0% today and down 21.6% in the last month.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is down 1.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.