Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.0%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.9% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Catamaran Corp (CTRX): CTRX stock is up 24.2% today and up 21.5% in the last month.
- Analog Devices (ADI): ADI stock is up 8.5% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is up 6.9% today.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI): SMI stock is up 3.8% today.
- Ambarella Inc (AMBA): AMBA stock is up 3.7% today.
- Electronic Arts Inc (EA): EA stock is up 2.8% today.
- Diodes Inc (DIOD): DIOD stock is up 3.1% today.
- Imperva Inc (IMPV): IMPV stock is up 2.7% today.
- Hollysys Automation Technologies (HOLI): HOLI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Caci International (CACI): CACI stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Altera Corp (ALTR): ALTR stock is down 6.3% today.
- Plantronics (PLT): PLT stock is down 4.0% today.
- Bitauto Holdings Limited (BITA): BITA stock is down 2.9% today.
- Blackberry Limited (BBRY): BBRY stock is down 3.3% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is down 2.1% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is down 2.9% today.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX): ASX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is down 2.5% today.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is down 1.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.