Transportation stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Hawaiian Holdings (HA): HA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 2.4% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is up 1.8% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW): AAWW stock is up 1.0% today.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 2.0% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 1.2% today.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is down 1.0% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.