Utilities stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.2% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 0.7% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 0.6% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.9% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 1.0% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.