Basic materials stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 3.5% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 3.0% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 2.0% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 0.8% today.
- Meadwestvaco Corp (MWV): MWV stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 2.0% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is down 1.3% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is down 1.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.