Basic materials stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 3.5% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 3.0% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 2.0% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 0.8% today.
- Meadwestvaco Corp (MWV): MWV stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 2.0% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is down 1.3% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.