Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, down 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 1.6% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is up 0.8% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 0.6% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 7.1% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 3.0% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 3.4% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 3.3% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 3.0% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 3.0% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.8% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 2.4% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 3.0% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.