Basic materials stocks declined 1.7% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.1% higher and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.4% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 0.3% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 0.2% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 3.7% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 3.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 3.3% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 3.3% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 3.2% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 3.0% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 2.7% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.6% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 2.6% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 2.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.