Basic materials stocks finished down 0.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 4.9% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 4.5% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 4.4% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 4.4% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 4.0% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 3.5% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 3.3% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.3% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 1.0% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 1.0% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.