Basic materials stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 1.6% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 1.1% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is up 1.1% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 2.8% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 2.0% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.9% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Rti International Metals (RTI): RTI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.