Basic materials stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.6% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.9% and the S&P 500 increased 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 2.6% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 2.4% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is up 1.9% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 4.6% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 2.8% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.8% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 2.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 1.8% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 1.8% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.