Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street on Monday, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.3%, the Nasdaq rose 1.3% and the S&P 500 increased 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 3.5% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 1.9% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 2.1% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 0.7% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 0.6% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.