Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street on Monday, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.3%, the Nasdaq rose 1.3% and the S&P 500 increased 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 3.5% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 1.9% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 2.1% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 0.7% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.