Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 2.0% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is up 0.3% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 0.3% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 0.1% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is up 0.1% today.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is down 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 2.3% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is down 1.7% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 1.7% today.
- John Bean Technologies Corp (JBT): JBT stock is down 1.7% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT): LMT stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.