Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 1.8% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 1.8% today.
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is up 1.7% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is up 1.5% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 1.3% today.
- John Bean Technologies Corp (JBT): JBT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 1.6% today.
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is down 0.7% today.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 0.4% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Regal-Beloit Corp (RBC): RBC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.