Energy stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 7.0% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 4.7% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is up 3.7% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 4.2% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 4.1% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 4.0% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is up 3.8% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 3.6% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 3.5% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is down 0.6% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 0.2% today.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.