Energy stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 3.9% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is up 3.3% today.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is up 3.2% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is up 3.1% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 3.1% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 3.0% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 2.6% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is up 2.5% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 2.4% today and down 23.8% in the last month.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.