Energy stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is up 1.7% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 0.7% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 4.8% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 3.8% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 3.7% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 3.4% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 3.3% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 2.6% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 3.4% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 2.9% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 2.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.