Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.6% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 5.0% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 2.9% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is up 2.6% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 2.4% today.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 1.2% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 1.1% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 1.0% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.