Energy stocks finished down 0.1% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 3.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is up 2.2% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 1.4% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 3.4% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 3.4% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 3.3% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 2.0% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 1.7% today and down 22.2% in the last month.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.