Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 3.3% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 3.8% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 2.7% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 2.5% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 2.5% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 2.3% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 2.4% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 0.8% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hanwha Q Cells Co. Ltd (HQCL): HQCL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.