Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 7.2% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 6.3% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 4.0% today.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is up 0.2% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 2.0% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 1.8% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 1.6% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 1.3% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 2.2% today.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is down 1.4% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 1.9% today.
- East West Bancorp (EWBC): EWBC stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 1.1% today.
- First Financial Bancorp (FFBC): FFBC stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.