Financial stocks declined 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is up 1.6% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Investors Bancorp (ISBC): ISBC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 0.9% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 3.4% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Citigroup Inc (C): C stock is down 2.5% today.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is down 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 2.4% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 2.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION): ZION stock is down 2.3% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is down 2.3% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is down 2.3% today.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.