Financial stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Eaton Vance Corp (EV): EV stock is up 2.2% today.
- Eagle Bancorp (EGBN): EGBN stock is up 1.9% today on 7 times normal volume.
- Assurant Inc (AIZ): AIZ stock is up 1.8% today.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is up 1.8% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp (ADS): ADS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 2.5% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 1.5% today.
- First American Corp (FAF): FAF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 1.1% today.
- Manulife Financial Corp (MFC): MFC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Calamos Convertible and High (CHY): CHY stock is down 0.8% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 0.8% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.