Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- First Bancorp (FBNC): FBNC stock is up 4.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION): ZION stock is up 3.5% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 3.8% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 3.2% today.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 3.0% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 3.0% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 2.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 2.8% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 2.4% today.
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 1.1% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETW): ETW stock is down 0.5% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 0.4% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Diversified Equity (ETY): ETY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.