Financial stocks advanced 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq was up 0.1% and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Citigroup Inc (C): C stock is up 1.1% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK): VRSK stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 6.0% today.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is down 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Royce Value Trust (RVT): RVT stock is down 2.3% today.
- Mastercard Inc (MA): MA stock is down 2.0% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 1.1% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY): VLY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.1% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.