Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street on Tuesday, down 2.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.6%, the Nasdaq was down 1.9% and the S&P 500 fell 1.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 3.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is up 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 1.0% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is up 0.3% today.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is up 0.2% today.
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions (HLSS): HLSS stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK): VRSK stock is down 4.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 3.6% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 3.6% today.
- Fulton Financial Corp (FULT): FULT stock is down 3.4% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is down 3.4% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is down 3.3% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 3.3% today.
- Citigroup Inc (C): C stock is down 3.2% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 3.2% today.
- Franklin Resources (BEN): BEN stock is down 3.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.