Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street on Tuesday, down 2.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.6%, the Nasdaq was down 1.9% and the S&P 500 fell 1.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 3.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is up 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 1.0% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is up 0.3% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is up 0.3% today.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is up 0.2% today.
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions (HLSS): HLSS stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK): VRSK stock is down 4.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 3.6% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 3.6% today.
- Fulton Financial Corp (FULT): FULT stock is down 3.4% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is down 3.4% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is down 3.3% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 3.3% today.
- Citigroup Inc (C): C stock is down 3.2% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 3.2% today.
- Franklin Resources (BEN): BEN stock is down 3.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.