Financial stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.0% and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 3.0% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 3.0% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 2.8% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is up 2.1% today.
- ING Clarion Global Real Estate (IGR): IGR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 3.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 3.4% today.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is down 3.2% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is down 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): FNFG stock is down 2.4% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is down 2.0% today.
- First Financial Bancorp (FFBC): FFBC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.