Financial stocks finished up 1.5% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.2%, the Nasdaq was up 1.1% and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 6.5% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 3.5% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 3.5% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 3.1% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is up 2.9% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is up 2.8% today.
- Erie Indemnity Company (ERIE): ERIE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 2.4% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 0.7% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 0.5% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is down 0.4% today.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.