Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.7% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 4.2% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 3.6% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 3.2% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is up 3.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 2.5% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is up 2.5% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.