Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 3.6% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 3.6% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 3.6% today and up 30.6% in the last month.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 3.6% today.
- Cardiovascular Systems (CSII): CSII stock is up 3.1% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is up 2.8% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is down 0.3% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is down 0.2% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.