Healthcare stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.0% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is up 3.8% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is up 3.2% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is up 2.6% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 2.5% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is up 2.2% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN): AMGN stock is up 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Sangamo Biosciences (SGMO): SGMO stock is down 3.5% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Array Biopharma Inc (ARRY): ARRY stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.