Healthcare stocks finished up 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.9% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is up 5.3% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 4.4% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 3.8% today.
- Sangamo Biosciences (SGMO): SGMO stock is up 3.4% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 3.0% today and up 20.7% in the last month.
- The Ensign Group (ENSG): ENSG stock is up 2.9% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is up 2.7% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is up 2.6% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is up 2.5% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is down 2.9% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 1.7% today.
- Natus Medical Inc (BABY): BABY stock is down 1.3% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Nxstage Medical (NXTM): NXTM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO): NVO stock is down 0.5% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.