Healthcare stocks finished down 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is up 1.6% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 2.4% today.
- Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT): LPNT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Henry Schein (HSIC): HSIC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.