Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.3%, the Nasdaq increased 1.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Vail Resorts (MTN): MTN stock is up 3.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is up 3.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Darden Restaurants (DRI): DRI stock is up 2.9% today.
- United States Cellular Corp (USM): USM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Essex Property Trust (ESS): ESS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Irsa Inversiones Y Representaciones S.A. (IRS): IRS stock is up 2.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cinemark Holdings Inc (CNK): CNK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Maximus Inc (MMS): MMS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Equity Residential (EQR): EQR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Coresite Realty Corp (COR): COR stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Rouse Properties Inc. Common S (RSE): RSE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp (NTT): NTT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Footlocker Inc (FL): FL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Barnes & Noble (BKS): BKS stock is down 1.0% today.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is down 0.9% today.
- DSW Inc (DSW): DSW stock is down 0.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- HFF Inc (HF): HF stock is down 0.7% today.
- Men’s Wearhouse (MW): MW stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ntt Docomo Inc (DCM): DCM stock is down 0.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PHI): PHI stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.