Utilities stocks rose 1.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.3% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is up 2.1% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.9% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is up 1.8% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Genesis Healthcare Inc. (GEN): GEN stock is down 2.5% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.