Utilities stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 4.5% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 3.1% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 0.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.