Utilities stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.6% today and up 21.9% in the last month.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 2.3% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Agl Resources (GAS): GAS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 1.1% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 11.4% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 2.7% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.2% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 0.2% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.