Utilities stocks declined on Wall Street on Wednesday, down 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 0.4% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 0.3% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 0.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 0.1% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 1.3% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.