Utilities stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.4%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.3% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 0.9% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 2.6% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 1.7% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Genesis Healthcare Inc. (GEN): GEN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.