Basic materials stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 3.5% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 1.7% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 1.4% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 1.0% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is down 0.8% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 0.7% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.