Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.2%, the Nasdaq was down 1.6% and the S&P 500 declined 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 0.5% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is up 0.5% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is up 0.4% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 2.9% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.8% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is down 2.6% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.5% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 2.5% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 2.4% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 2.1% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.