Basic materials stocks declined 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 0.7% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 0.6% today and up 23.4% in the last month.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 3.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 3.6% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.8% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 2.5% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 2.2% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.