Basic materials stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.9% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 2.7% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 2.3% today and up 30.9% in the last month.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 2.2% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 2.1% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Rti International Metals (RTI): RTI stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.4% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.9% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is down 1.2% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 1.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.