Basic materials stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.9% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 2.7% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 2.3% today and up 30.9% in the last month.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is up 2.2% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 2.1% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 2.0% today.
- Rti International Metals (RTI): RTI stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.4% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.9% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is down 1.2% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.