Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 12.5% today and up 42.1% in the last month.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 10.2% today and up 28.2% in the last month.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 2.4% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 2.3% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.8% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Rti International Metals (RTI): RTI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 3.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 2.7% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.7% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.