Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 9.3% today and up 50.8% in the last month.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 4.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 3.1% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 3.0% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 1.9% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 4.5% today.
- Rti International Metals (RTI): RTI stock is down 4.4% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 4.0% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is down 3.2% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 3.3% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 2.6% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 1.2% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.