Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 6.4% today and up 32.4% in the last month.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 3.9% today and up 26.2% in the last month.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 3.9% today and up 25.1% in the last month.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 2.9% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.2% today and up 23.6% in the last month.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 1.8% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is down 2.3% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.