Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.8% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.0% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 3.1% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.5% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 1.7% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 1.7% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.