Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Rti International Metals (RTI): RTI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 3.1% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.7% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 2.7% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is down 2.3% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is down 2.0% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Meadwestvaco Corp (MWV): MWV stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.