Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 5.2% today.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is up 4.3% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 0.8% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is up 0.5% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is up 0.6% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 4.8% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 4.2% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 3.2% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 2.4% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 2.5% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is down 2.5% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 2.4% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is down 2.0% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 1.6% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.