Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is up 1.3% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 1.1% today.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Nordson Corp (NDSN): NDSN stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is down 3.0% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is down 1.5% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is down 1.4% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 1.2% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.