Capital goods stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 1.9% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 1.7% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 1.0% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Donaldson Company (DCI): DCI stock is up 0.9% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 0.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is up 0.9% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 2.2% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 0.7% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is down 0.2% today.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is down 0.2% today.
- Boeing Company (BA): BA stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.